Friday, August 24, 2012

Holidays 2012 & Summer Reads

As you might've noticed, I'm back from vacation. It were two really awesome weeks of relaxing, swimming and reading with the best weather. Here are some pics and a list of the books I read. I'd like to see what you read in the last weeks. As always feel free to leave a link in the comments!






Summer Reading



Speechless by Hannah Harrington (really liked it.Maybe not as much as Saving June, but I got the message)
Perception by Kim Harrington (fast read. didn't enjoy the sequel as much as the first book though)
Aces Up by Lauren Barholdt (average read)
A Million Suns by Beth Revis (just wow!)
Crescendo by Becca Fitzpatrick (ok read. the protagonist infuriated me throughout the entire story)
On The Jellicoe Road by Melina Marchetta (can't believe I didn't read this masterpiece earlier)
What's Left Of Me by Kat Zhang (original story concept, but not my favourite read)



 Any book that you think I MUST read in the remaining weeks of summer?

8 comments:

  1. For summer reads, I definitely recommend Jenny Han's The Summer I Turned Pretty series. Not sure if you've read them or not already but I adore those books!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I already read them, but one cannot recommend them enough!

      Delete
  2. I loved Stolen by Lucy Christopher if you haven't read it!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Read Stolen about two years ago and yes, I did really like it, too:)

      Delete
  3. Where you were traveling? :o Cute dog *-* and wow, you read many books :D

    http://lenalostinbookland.blogspot.com.br/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you!That's Goldie, our 12 year-old family dog. Spent two weeks in Denmark in Aargab.

      Delete
  4. It looks like you had lots of fun during your vacation! =) I really loved A Million Suns, I think it was even better than the first book. I'm super excited for the sequel! I agree about Speechless, it was really good, but not as amazing as Saving June.

    As for any other summer reading, if you haven't read Pushing the Limits, that's really great!! =)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Now I feel like I've already read a lot (don't feel like that very often...), because I've also read Pushing The Limits.

      Delete