Friday, March 21, 2014

Behind The Pages #3 - The Edge of Falling by Rebecca Serle


Welcome to Behind The Pages March post! You can find last month's post of this feature, with Trish Doller and her second novel Where the Stars Still Shine, here.
What is Behind The Pages all about? I asked some of my favourite authors and a bunch of promising 2014 debut authors to annotate a scene, page or more of one of their books. I see the feature as a chance to show readers what's behind a page. Authors can share their favourite writing memories, the music that influenced a certain scene or anything else that comes to their mind. We might get hints to what the characters were thinking and feeling that exact moment or other fun details about their story.Hope you enjoy Behind The Pages as much as I do. I'm intending this feature to be a monthly post here on the blog.

On March 18th one of my most anticipated books of 2014 was released. Of course I'm talking about THE EDGE OF FALLING by Rebecca Serle. And I'm so happy that Rebecca agreed to annotate not one but three pages for us. 

Thanks to all the fabulous authors who took the time to annotate a page or scene for us, your comments are always so insightful and fun to read. When readers can't get enough of a book and its characters it only shows how much the author's work means to them, to us. Thank you!  
_____________________________________________________
  

Growing up in privileged, Manhattan social circles, Caggie’s life should be perfect, and it almost was until the day that her younger sister drowned when Caggie was supposed to be watching her. Stricken by grief, Caggie pulls away from her friends and family, only to have everyone misinterpret a crucial moment when she supposedly saves a fellow classmate from suicide. Now she’s famous for something she didn’t do and everyone lauds her as a hero. But inside she still blames herself for the death of her sister and continues to pull away from everything in her life, best friend and perfect boyfriend included. Then Caggie meets Astor, the new boy at school, about whom rumours are swirling and known facts are few. In Astor she finds someone who just might understand her pain, because he has an inner pain of his own. But the more Caggie pulls away from her former life to be with Astor, the more she realises that his pain might be darker, and deeper, than anything she’s ever felt. His pain might be enough to end his life…and Caggie’s as well.


Source
About Rebecca Serle: "As you may know I am a writer-- always have been and barring some kind of Broadway-discovery-- always will be. I have loved writing since I could put words down on a page and that love took me through school at USC and eventually delivered me to NYC, my home and the scene of one of my novels, The Edge of Falling. I feel about New York the way I feel about writing-- pretty in love. That is not to say they both don't have their challenges (they do-- they are both so unruly and noisy!) but there is really no where else in the world I'd rather live, and nothing else in the world I'd rather do. I'm crazy lucky, but by far the best part of my job is interacting with you, the wonderful people, teens, hearts on the other side of this dialogue. So please reach out! Tweet me, visit me on Tumblr, talk to me about your favorite TV show (mine is The Vampire Diaries) and know that it is because of you that I am here." (Author bio found on www.rebeccaserle.com.)


_____________________________________________________

 The Edge of Falling by Rebecca Serle

Rebecca: "This is one of my favorite passages in the book. It's really about Caggie and how she explores her city. One of the greatest things about New York is that everywhere is home, but it's so easy to get lost...in fact, when you let yourself get lost in familiar territory, you may find something new and fabulous you didn't expect!"




_________________________________________





This is only one of many NY pictures you can find on Rebecca Serle's Instagram page. This one was taken about a week ago and titled: "Caught between the moon and New York City." Find it here.

NY





No comments:

Post a Comment