Saturday, November 8, 2014

Book Review: This Book Just Ate My Dog! by Richard Byrne




Title: This Book Just Ate My Dog!
Author: Richard Byrne
Publisher: Oxford University Press
Pulishing Date: September 2014
Length: 32 pages
Keywords: Picture Book
Source: Publisher - Thank you OUP!



When her dog disappears into the gutter of the book, Bella calls for help. But when the helpers disappear too, Bella realizes it will take more than a tug on the leash to put things right.


Today is a premiere as this is my first picture book review. When I spotted THIS BOOK JUST ATE MY DOG! on the new releases list this autumn I found its cover cute and the title really catchy. It is funny and makes kids question how this is even possible. A dog-eating book. This is definitely something they haven't heard of before and that's what gets them interested in the story in the first place. 

I have to pass up on giving this book a rating because I can't compare it to any other book I have reviewed on this blog so far. But I can tell you that this book is definitely worth a read. The font is bright orange and the pictures are drawn with much love for detail.
Richard Byrne convinces with a cheeky story that is imaginative and engages kids with a few easy tricks and a clever dialogue. Most important: Kids will love THIS BOOK JUST ATE MY DOG!. It is playful and interactive and will elicit a few giggles for sure.

No comments:

Post a Comment