Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Waiting on Wednesday #6


"Waiting On" Wednesday is a weekly event, hosted by Breaking the Spine, that spotlights upcoming releases that we're eagerly anticipating.


What I am waiting for on this Wednesday: Clockwork Prince by Cassandra Clare ( September 2011) 

After loving The Mortal Instruments series by Cassandra Clare so much I was worried about my thoughts about Clockwork Angel, the first installment in The Infernal Devices series. Well, Clockwork Angel turned out to be another fantastic novel by Cassandra Clare and it has become one of my favourite books so far. Can't wait to read more about Tessa, Jem and especially Will! Just a few months left...haha.

The Infernal Devices is a series of prequels to The Mortal Instruments series, set in 19’th century London. The story concerns 16-year-old orphan Tessa Gray, whose quiet life is thrown into turmoil when her older brother Nathaniel suddenly vanishes, leaving her alone. Her search for him leads her into Victorian-era London’s dangerous supernatural underworld, where warlocks throw masked balls for half-demon Downworlders. When Tessa discovers that she herself is a Downworlder, she must come to trust her natural enemies, the demon-killing Shadowhunters, if she ever wants to learn to control her powers and find her brother. Torn between the beautiful Will, a Shadowhunter who isn’t what he seems, and the devoted Jem, whose own deadly secret is slowly destroying him, Tessa must draw on all her strength to save her brother and keep herself alive in this deadly new world.

Summary by Goodreads


What's your wait?

22 comments:

  1. Seems like an excellent choice, Sarah :)

    I haven't yet read The Mortal Instrument series bu I do have it here on my self. My younger sister insisted that I read them and she usually has good taste.

    Lovely blog you got, you now have a new follower.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I keep staring at Clockwork Angel and The Mortal Instruments series. From what I hear, both series should be on my wishlist.

    You can check out my WOW pick here.

    Kat
    Wit and Sin

    ReplyDelete
  3. Okay, 19th century, London, I'm so there!
    I've been meaning to start The Mortal Instruments series and Clockwork Angel.
    Great WoW pick!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have to start reading this seres...as soon as I get some time! The summer perhaps. Didn't know about this one. Sept 2011--Is that the release date?!? If so, you've got a long wait...LOL...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yes! Yes! Yes! Anything by Cassandra Clare I am dying to read!!! Awesome choice. I can't wait to read more about Will, Tessa, & Jem! I love this wonderful world that CC has created. It's fantastic.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I loved the Mortal Instruments series and have been meaning to get to Clockwork Angel, soon soon. Though maybe I should wait until closer to Sept. so the torture's not so bad waiting for the next one. =)
    Happy Hump Day!

    http://readingbetweenthewinesbookclub.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great pick, this is definitely on our list.

    ~Pixie
    Our WoW

    ReplyDelete
  8. Everyone is waiting on this! I'm giving away Clockwork Angel on zeee blog right now. ;)
    Great pick!

    My WoW!

    ReplyDelete
  9. OOOOO I loved Cassandra Clare's other series, so I am definitely adding this to my list. Thanks so much for having it as your WOW :)


    Jessica @ Laugh Love Write

    ReplyDelete
  10. I am so with you on this one! I'm so excited we get 2 books from her next year instead of just one. I'm ready for more Jace and more Will and Jem:) Fabulous pick!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I cannot wait for this one! I love The Mortal Instruments and Clockwork Angel. Awesome pick. Why is September so far away...

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love me some Cassie Clare! Nice pick!

    ReplyDelete
  13. So with you on this one too - absolutely adore Cassandra Clare's writing and am pretty sure that this one will be yet another winner! Great choice!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I have heard great things about this series , Another to add to my ever growing TBR list.

    Here is my very first WOW Here

    ReplyDelete
  15. I still have to finish the clockwork angel. but i really like this series!

    My WOW

    ReplyDelete
  16. I haven't started this series yet, but I need too! Great pick!

    -Linds, bibliophile brouhaha

    ReplyDelete
  17. yep definately waiting for that one great wow

    ReplyDelete
  18. Great pick! Although I am more of Jem fan than Will :)

    ReplyDelete
  19. Eh, I haven't read Clockwork Angel but.. Great pick!

    ReplyDelete
  20. OMG yes! I've been waiting for this one since before Clockwork Angel came out! Loved that book and cannot WAIT to learn more about Will! Great pick!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Great pick! I have so much catching up to do with CC's books :)

    ReplyDelete
  22. Great choice! I need to start this series!

    ReplyDelete