Wednesday, January 16, 2013

Coveresque feat. The Lonely Hearts Club by Elizabeth Eulberg (US vs. Indonesian vs.German)



THE LONELY HEARTS CLUB, a book title I instantly liked, sounding melancholic and hopeful at the same time. It's Elizabeth Eulberg's debut novel and a cute and entertaining read for every YA fan. Finally out in Germany this month, German readers get to see a book with a beautiful and dreamy cover in stores. I really like its retro style and the candy-colors, even though the legs are a tad irritating and I would prefer the cover with a different front element. 

The Indonesian cover is not for me. The book cover suggests a story for a much younger audience than it actually is for. The characters' facial expressions are amusing, don't you think? Fun fact: the Indonesian translation for heart is 'Hati'.

And the US cover just has to be my favourite. It's on most of the foreign Lonely Hearts Club editions. Fresh and colorful. The imagine section is original, chosen well and the cover has a strong relation to the story, addressing a famous Beatles shot.


Tell me, which cover do you like best?

2 comments:

  1. US! Definitely! I do like them all actually, but I think the US cover is the mos appealing. And you're right, the Indonesian cover looks as though it's being aimed at a younger audience.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree, definitely the US cover and talking about Lonely Hearts Club i really need to pick it up. I've been wanting to read it ever since i heard of it.

    ReplyDelete