Saturday, October 9, 2010

On My Wishlist #1


 On My Wishlist is a fun weekly event hosted by Book Chick City and runs every Saturday. It's where I list all the books I desperately want but haven't actually bought yet. They can be old, new or forthcoming. It's also an event that you can join in with too - Mr Linky is always at the ready for you to link your own On My Wishlist post. If you want to know more click HERE.

~ On MY wishlist ~

There are numerous books I would love to read, so that my wishlist should be called wishbook instead! But I want to present only two of those numerous books on my Wishlist so I've got many many more weeks of wishlists and great books to present :) 

Here is #1:

 Torment by Lauren Kate

I was very fascinated by the world of Fallen and the unusual bond that connects Luce and Daniel and I am even more looking forward to read the sequel to it!

This sequel to Fallen continues they complex tale as Luce tries to uncover the truth and break the cycle of falling in love, dying young, and being reincarnated. Daniel, her lover through the ages and a fallen angel, institutes a truce with Demons to protect her from the Outcasts, who would do her harm. For her safety, Daniel hides her at a boarding school for the Nephilim, children of human and fallen angels, and cautions her to remain on campus and learn all she can. Unfortunately a little knowledge can be dangerous and Luce's naive attempts to manipulate her powers constantly put her and others in danger.

Excerpt by Amazon.com


And #2: 

The Lonely Hearts Club by Elizabeth Eulberg

I’ve already read the first chapter of The Lonely Hearts Club and thought of it as a very funny and comforting novel. I enjoy Elizabeth Eulbergs tweets about cupcakes and eating a lot. If this novel has just a bit of her tweets character, it will definitely be a lovely book!

After a devastating betrayal by the boy she thought she was destined to be with forever, Penny Lane Bloom (who fortunately inherited her parents’ love of the Beatles to go with her name) swears off guys and quietly starts the Lonely Hearts Club.

Excerpt by Amazon.com


 What is on your wishlist this week?

8 comments:

  1. Great wishlist! I'm actually off to by Torment right now! Hope you get these books soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great picks! Hope you get to read these soon :)

    My wishlist.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Torment is on it's way to me in the mail and hope you too get a copy soon to read, hope you get both your books soon actually Sarah!


    My Wishlist is for only one book

    jackie ^_^

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the Fallen/Torment covers but I don't know if I'd be able to get into the story. Hope you get your books soon!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for dropping by my wishlist earlier.

    I've just bought Fallen so hope to move onto Torment at some point! Hope you get these books soon. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have Fallen but I haven't read it yet... and I really want to get Torment as well. I have so many review books I have trouble reading books I am just reading for pleasure... doing better on that though!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I really want to read "Torment," too! I've read "Fallen," and loved it. So I'm sure this one is just as good, if not better.

    I've posted my Wishlist here!

    ReplyDelete