Saturday, February 19, 2011

On My Wishlist # 15

On My Wishlist is a fun weekly event hosted by Book Chick City and runs every Saturday. It's where I list all the books I desperately want but haven't actually bought yet. They can be old, new or forthcoming.
 
Here is #1 
 
The Duff by Kody Keplinger
 
I have to read this just because of its hilarious title.  

Seventeen-year-old Bianca Piper is cynical and loyal, and she doesn’t think she’s the prettiest of her friends by a long shot. She’s also way too smart to fall for the charms of man-slut and slimy school hottie Wesley Rush. In fact, Bianca hates him. And when he nicknames her “the Duff,” she throws her Coke in his face.
But things aren’t so great at home right now, and Bianca is desperate for a distraction. She ends up kissing Wesley. Worse, she likes it. Eager for escape, Bianca throws herself into a closeted enemies-with-benefits relationship with him. Until it all goes horribly awry. It turns out Wesley isn’t such a bad listener, and his life is pretty screwed up, too. Suddenly Bianca realizes with absolute horror that she’s falling for the guy she thought she hated more than anyone.

Summary by Goodreads 


And #2

Amy & Roger's Epic Detour by Morgan Matson 
 
I should read more novels including roadtrips, so enjoyable! 

Amy Curry thinks her life sucks. Her mom decides to move from California to Connecticut to start anew—just in time for Amy's senior year. Her dad recently died in a car accident. So Amy embarks on a road trip to escape from it all, driving cross-country from the home she's always known toward her new life. Joining Amy on the road trip is Roger, the son of Amy's mother's old friend. Amy hasn’t seen him in years, and she is less than thrilled to be driving across the country with a guy she barely knows. So she's surprised to find that she is developing a crush on him. At the same time, she’s coming to terms with her father’s death and how to put her own life back together after the accident. Told in traditional narrative as well as scraps from the road—diner napkins, motel receipts, postcards—this is the story of one girl's journey to find herself.
 
Summary by Goodreads

7 comments:

  1. I've heard some interesting things about The Duff. I'm not sure it's for me, but I hear it's great! I hope you get your wishes :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've been wanting to read Amy & Roger's Epic Detour for a while! Looks like a good read. Hope you get to read all of these soon.

    Here's what is on my wishlist this week.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I SO want to read Duff! It looks really good and there is just something about books about women/girls who suffered through high school that make me want to read them.

    ReplyDelete
  4. These aren't my normal type but Duff has captured my attention and I added it to my list.

    On Our Wishlist

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cool list. I can't decide if I want to read DUFF or not, but it definitely looks interesting.

    My Wishlist

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great choices, both are on my wishlist also :)

    ReplyDelete