Wednesday, March 23, 2011

"Rubinrot", "Saphirblau" and " Smaragdgrün" are the three novels that make up the "Liebe geht durch alle Zeiten" series by Kerstin Gier. You never heard of that before? That's not a real big surprise because this series is written by a German author. I really suggest you pick it up, because it is really good! And no, that you do not understand a single word German is not a reason for not picking it up. The first novel in this series was translated into English and will be released May 2011! Let it be part of your 2011 Debut Author Challenge!






Ruby Red by Kerstin Gier

Gwyneth Shepherd's sophisticated, beautiful cousin Charlotte has been prepared her entire life for traveling through time. But unexpectedly, it is Gwyneth, who in the middle of class takes a sudden spin to a different era! Gwyneth must now unearth the mystery of why her mother would lie about her birth date to ward off suspicion about her ability, brush up on her history, and work with Gideon, the time traveler from a similarly gifted family that passes the gene through its male line, and whose presence becomes, in time, less insufferable and more essential. Together, Gwyneth and Gideon journey through time to discover who, in the 18th century and in contemporary London, they can trust.

Summary by Goodreads



The Ruby

The ruby is considered to be the most powerful gem in the universe, and is associated with many astral signs. To own a ruby is said to have contentment and peace. Placed under a pillow the ruby may ward off bad dreams. Ruby rings should be worn on the left hand so as to receive the life force and have protection. Given as a gift, the ruby is a symbol of friendship and love. The ruby is also the symbol of vitality and royalty.



~ Here are 3 reasons to pick Ruby Red as one of your reads in 2011

1) it involves time travelling
2) one character is a  gargoyle
3) love it not bound to one special time


~ Don't miss the Ruby Red book trailer!

11 comments:

  1. If I thought I could read a whole book in German, I would do it! Unfortunately, while I can understand quite a lot of German, it would probably take me ages to finish, so I think I'm just going to try and get my hands on the English translations of them! I love the German titles, though, as well as the book covers! They're soooo pretty!!! The English version cover is pretty too, but I think the German ones win, hands-down!

    Thanks for the recommendation!!! I'm looking forward to reading this book now! Very much! :)

    Phanee

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay - I just bought all three in German ( well, ordered them, apparently my Swedish bookstore had them in stock :) ). Thanks for the tip, I'm looking forward to reading them!

    // Q N

    ReplyDelete
  3. The trailer is hilarious. I'd love to read the excerpt. The cover also got a nice color. The synopsis reminds me of Prada and Prejudice, when the main character was traveled back to the past.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The sad thing is that I find myself almost exclusively reading English books these days ... seems like I better change that!!

    Ich hab auch schon einiges von der Trilogie gehört und vor allem die Cover haben's mir angetan (ja, manchmal kaufe ich Bücher, nur weil mir der Umschlag gefällt, traurig aber wahr) - mit anderen Worten, auf geht's! Sonst verlerne ich am Ende noch meine Muttersprache :-D !

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great idea to post about the books, Sarah :D

    All English readers: I have read all 3 books and agree with Sarah, do read these books! Even if the English cover is not that pretty ;P

    ReplyDelete
  6. Looks great-- I've seen the English translation around Goodreads. Love time-traveling :)

    My German is limited to 'Ich bin' s, etc, though I wish I knew enough to read a whole book in it! I admire people in Europe who are fluent in several languages, enough to read and even blog in their second languages! In the US, it is unfortunately rare for people to speak more than a few words of Spanish, other than English.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is already on my list! I didn't realize it was German first! I also didn't realize it was yet ANOTHER trilogy. *dies* I love the new cover! So, so gorgeous...!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi :)

    The first book will also be released in France in April (the 1st). I really wanted to buy it before seeing your blog post but now I'm really looking forward for reading it :)

    But I don't know, perhaps I will wait for the English version because I think the cover is way prettier than the French one.

    Best wishes from France

    Lilie

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh what a wonderful book rec! I don't think I've read anything that was originally from another country...well maybe I have and I just haven't realized it. I'm looking forward to reading this now and the book trailer was great...now how can I get an accent like that??? lol

    ReplyDelete
  10. This one is already on my list too--it sounds so good!

    ReplyDelete
  11. LOVE the first book...do you know when the next two will be released in English??

    ReplyDelete