Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Feature: Fashion & Literature


In my new feature "Fashionable Literature" I want to show you funny and fashionable items that can be bought or made to decorate yourselves or homes with.

Let's start with some very nice necklaces with literary ladies like Jane Austen and Charlotte or Emily Bronte. 

..............................................................................................................

 

Charlotte Bronte Necklace
 
"But life is a battle: may we all be enabled to fight it well!" 


~ Charlotte Bronte (The Letters of Charlotte Bronte)

..............................................................................................................


 
"I have dreamed in my life, dreams that have stayed with me ever after, and changed my ideas; they have gone through and through me, like wine through water, and altered the color of my mind." 

~ Emily Bronte

..............................................................................................................



"The person, be it gentleman or lady, who has not pleasure in a good novel, must be intolerably stupid." 

~ Jane Austen (Northanger Abbey)

..............................................................................................................


You can buy these beautiful bookish necklaces in Nadine Whitney's Etsy Shop here ! How do you like them? Whose picture would you most like to have for your portrait necklace?

15 comments:

  1. I love unique jewelry! I'd have to represent, and say that Jane Austen is my fav! Lovin' this feature!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Out of the three authors I prefer Jane Austen, but I'd say that Emily Bronte got the best design, I love the blue portrait and the little extra with the quote!

    PS This feature is a great idea, I hope there is more to come!?

    ReplyDelete
  3. beautiful! Charlotte Brontes is my favorite! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, i love them all, but my favourite is really Emily Bronte Portrait Necklace...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great feature! Hope there will be a lot more fashionable Literature <3

    Can't decide... every necklace is nice...

    ReplyDelete
  6. I don't recognize the first two necklaces. *blush*

    I think I am going to choose Alice in wonderland.
    She's quite cute in the illustration

    :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow. My favorite's the Emily Bronte Portrait Necklace.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great jewelry. I love inspired jewelry.

    ReplyDelete
  9. My favorite would be the Emily Bronte Portrait Necklace!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love this feature! I particularly like the Charlotte Bronte necklace at the top. :D

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love book jewelry. It can be really adorable.

    Vivien
    deadtossedwaves at gmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  12. so cute! although i love jane austen, from the pics i like the charlotte one - because of the color.

    ReplyDelete