Monday, November 7, 2011

Blogger Abroad II

Hi again from Switzerland,

I'm still in Basel, it's November and the weather is getting more rainy and cold. Which makes me hope that I'll be having some more time for blogging in the next weeks. I've been very busy with studying, preparing presentations and exploring Basel.

This year the 541th Basel Autumn Fair is held in five or six different places of the city. It's a funfair with a lot of food, attractions and selling booths. Here are some pictures of my past weeks. Enjoy:)

Autumn Fair
 

Last week I had a Swiss dinner with some of the exchange students and our hosts. 

We had cheese fondue. You dunk bread into a mixture of melted cheese and wine.

Dessert
The gourmets

Some of my best friends came to visit me in Switzerland. We spent the weekend in Zurich and Basel.  Zurich:


Nana in Zurich Maintrainstation



Zurich lake
 
You can see the Alps in the background


Back in Basel

 

 

Chocolate marshmallows in 24 variations







Nice view over Basel and the Rhine








1 comment:

  1. You always take the best pictures! It would take a lot convincing from someone to get me on that Farris Wheel though. I'm scared of heights but you can see so much from up high that it's a shame to miss out!
    You pictures just give me that much more reason to plan a visit someday...I hope!

    ReplyDelete