Sunday, April 15, 2012

Book Review: The Iron Queen (Iron Fey #3) by Julie Kagawa




Title: The Iron Queen (Iron Fey #3)
Author: Julie Kagawa
Publisher: Harlequin Teen
Publishing Date: January 2011
Length: 368 pages
Genre: YA fiction, fantasy, romance
Source: Bought

My name is Meghan Chase.

I thought it was over. That my time with the fey, the impossible choices I had to make, the sacrifices of those I loved, was behind me. But a storm is approaching, an army of Iron fey that will drag me back, kicking and screaming. Drag me away from the banished prince who's sworn to stand by my side. Drag me into the core of conflict so powerful, I'm not sure anyone can survive it.
This time, there will be no turning back.

Summary by Goodreads 





 THE IRON DAUGHTER ended with Ash and Meghan being exiled. So THE IRON QUEEN begins with them already is this position of being weak. It seems as if they have already lost. They are both very lucky to have Julie Kagawa as writer, because IRON FEY fans know that she would never give up on her beloved characters! 

When I finished THE IRON DAUGHTER I couldn’t help myself starting THE IRON QUEEN immediately. Once I continued following Meghan’s story, THE IRON QUEEN and my law textbook were in a constant quarrel, I had to write a law exam in two days then. How the story ended? Law doesn’t always win…

Our beloved heroes Meghan, Ash and Puck return to the world of the fey and they are against a seemingly invincible army of iron fey. Kagawa gave this third instalment in the THE IRON FEY series a new dimension of battle and action. There’s so much more at risk than before.

Ash became one of my favourite fictional boys and I was happy that he has learned to admit his feelings. The ice prince lets my heart melt with his brave and protective character. This book turns Meghan’s and Ash’s relationship into something more romantic and urgent. Ash fans, you’ll get some sweet and steamy scenes!

Furthermore Kagawa introduces many more charming characters. The character cast of THE IRON FEY series becomes enormous and can definitely be compared to the epicness only stories like Lord of the Rings offered before. Also the enemies become more powerful and relentless.

THE IRON QUEEN is a fantastic novel and Kagawa queen of a talented author. With such an unexpected ending, I was really looking forward to read THE IRON KNIGHT! And there was one question that bothered me from book one to three about the whereabouts of one specially hairy character. Thanks for the solution:)





1) of a journey of epic proportions
2) of transposed point of views
3) of a lively Razor
4) of swoonworthy and romantic moments
5) of an old tradition 





5/5 ***** THE IRON QUEEN-  Epic, dangerous and a worthy sequel to the much beloved THE IRON KING and THE IRON DAUGHER!

The modern Midsummer Night’s Dream continues in even grander proportions than before. THE IRON FEY universe seems to offer endless possibilities and I can’t wait to experience some more in THE IRON KNIGHT. 




 
* Don’t miss the next instalment in the IRON FEY series, THE IRON KNIGHT!

* Read an excerpt of THE IRON QUEEN here

* Watch the THE IRON QUEEN book trailer here

* Visit www.juliekagawa.com for more info about the brilliant author and her books


3 comments:

  1. So glad you liked it that much! I have read the first two but haven't had a chance yet to really get into the third installment. I'll have to get to it soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I absolutely love this series. Thanks for review.
    Brandi from Blkosiner’s Book Blog

    ReplyDelete
  3. Isn't this series phenomenal? And I soo agree that this journey in Iron Queen was nothing less than epic!! I was seeing a movie in my head the whole time. This is one reason why I love Julie Kagawa so freaking much, she's a phenomenal writer!

    ReplyDelete