Thursday, December 27, 2012

Best I've Read In 2012


I've read 106 books in 2012 so far so you can imagine it isn't that easy to pick my Top 10. Every book is connected to a certain moment, view or feeling. Like my number one, WANDERLOVE, which I read on my Sweden vacation. I remember reading it while lying in the bottom bunk bed of our hostel room in Stockholm. I can clearly remember the longing that I felt to just go and explore the wide world. Can you remember reading your favourite book of 2012?  Does it trigger a special memory?


#1 Wanderlove by Kirsten Hubbard

5/5 ***** WANDERLOVE- A truly wonderful & vibrant story!
One of the early reads in 2012 that made a strong impression on me. One that will last. WANDERLOVE fuelled my travel desire and definitely left me longing for the whole wide world. I cannot wait to backpack through Central America one day. Thank you Kirsten for gifting this beautiful story to us readers! 
 #2 The Fault In Our Stars by John Green

5/5 ***** THE FAULT IN OUR STARS- Hilarious, sensitive, raw and heart-achingly sad. Uniquely John Green!
It’s one of the books you never want to pick up again, and yet read it again and again and again. I have cried a lot over many books in the past. They are all no comparison to the amount of tears I spent on THE FAULT IN OUR STARS. I expected it, yet it came so unexpected…the end. And if you don’t drown in your tears, I promise you’ll get drunk by John Green’s words. His words are like the best stars one can drink!


 #3 The Unbecoming of Mara Dyer by Michelle Hodkin

I gave it 5 out of 5 stars. Not reviewed yet. But THE UNBECOMING OF MARA DYER deserves to be 3rd, because it is such an insane read, in a good sense. It's creepy and it's crazy. It's confusing at some points but fascinates you with its supernatural occurrences throughout the entire read. And then there's Noah! 


#4 Clockwork Prince by Cassandra Clare

5/5 ***** CLOCKWORK PRINCE- Historical London has it all: blazing romances, dangerous intrigues, exciting fight scenes and the right mix of magic and runes. Who wouldn’t want to be part of it?!
CLOCKWORK PRINCE had everything I was looking for in a book! I’m entranced and completely devoted to this book and the entire series.



SLOPPY FIRSTS was published in 2001 and there are five books in the Jessica Darling series which I only discovered a few months ago. Can you believe it took me that long? The entire series is incredibly funny and sharp-witted and I'm so glad I finally decided to read it.



#  6 Shatter Me by Tahereh Mafi
#  7 City of Lost Souls by Cassandra Clare
#  8 Insurgent by Vernoica Roth
#  9 A Million Suns by Beth Revis
# 10 Tempest by Julie Cross


I hope 2013 is going to be just as awesome as 2012! There are many fantastic books I am looking forward to. Find out which I pick as my Top 10 Most Anticipated books tomorrow!

2 comments:

  1. The Fault in Our Stars was beautiful wasn't it. I cried So hard throughout the whole of that book. My throat clogs just thinking about it. I haven't read A Million Suns but I have it on my shelf-I really should get to it. Shatter Me also I have heard great things about. Great list Sarah!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wanderlove was a great favourite of mine too, as was Mara Dyer! I need to read The Fault in Our Stars very soon. It's making all the end of year lists! :)

    ReplyDelete