Monday, February 17, 2014

Coveresque feat. All Our Yesterdays by Cristin Terrill (US vs. Bulgarian vs. German)

     US                                    Bulgarian                                  German

ALL OUR YESTERDAYS by Cristin Terrill was one of my favourite 2013 debut novels. A fabulously written time travel story with ingeniously connected present and future plots with Em, Finn and James. 
I can't say I'm a fan of the US cover, but I'm not aversed to it either. We see a city skyline, water, cooblestone all held in greyish-blue tones. As time is the most important commodity in this story it only makes sense to put such a prominent and glowing, orange clock in the focus of its US cover, right?

I needed a second to identify what's on the Bulgarian cover. Then I realized that it is meant to symbolize the dark cell that Em and Finn find themselves in at the beginning of ALL OUR YESTERDAYS. A few rays of light shining into the dark room.  The different time elements and cogs set the heart into motion ( = Em & Finn's love story I guess). Pretty clever, but I'm not into the font and the design of the many different clocks and cogs in the right corner and center of the cover.

   UK                       Dutch
This time, I can honestly say that the German cover is my favourite. It looks sleek, modern and stylish. We see the two versions of Em who are fighting time and each other. I assume the blue circle in the cover's center stands for time, which isn't a constant factor anymore but unravelling. Cool color scheme!  

See the UK and Dutch covers on the right. 


Q! Which cover do you like best or think fits the story best?

5 comments:

  1. I LOVE the US cover the best. I think it's the one that best fits the book.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Totally agree. The German cover is so cool! Which they had used that for the original version. Can't wait for the sequel covers, I hope they stay creative and don't just change the colour scheme.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love all the covers <3 Thank you so so much for sharing :D Hmm. I'm not sure, to be honest. I do think I love the US one the most. <3 but the UK is also pretty; since I own those two, hih (A) and this book is just so damn amazing. Sigh. I need the sequel now, please. <3 :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the German cover for this one. It's definitely the best for me. I'm not a fan of the US cover.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The US cover is still my favorite, but I haven't read the book yet and it' s kinda weird how different these covers are. The Bulgwrian one looks kinda dark and the Dutch cover looks like a Thriller :D

    ReplyDelete