Saturday, October 16, 2010

On My Wishlist #2


 On My Wishlist is a fun weekly event hosted by Book Chick City and runs every Saturday. It's where I list all the books I desperately want but haven't actually bought yet. They can be old, new or forthcoming. It's also an event that you can join in with too - Mr Linky is always at the ready for you to link your own On My Wishlist post. If you want to know more click HERE.

~ On MY wishlist ~

There are numerous books I would love to read, so that my wishlist should be called wishbook instead! But I want to present only two of those numerous books on my Wishlist so I've got many many more weeks of wishlists and great books to present :) 

Here is #1: 
 Perfect Chemistry by Simone Elkeles 

The Show-you-can-have-her-whenever-you-want-bet isn't a new idea, but I still expect something different of Perfect Chemistry. I am curious how the stereotypes of perfect student and gang member are combined and maybe even dispersed or renewed.

When Brittany Ellis walks into chemistry class on the first day of senior year, she has no clue that her carefully created “perfect” life is about to unravel before her eyes. She’s forced to be lab partners with Alex Fuentes, a gang member from the other side of town, and he is about to threaten everything she's worked so hard for—her flawless reputation, her relationship with her boyfriend, and the secret that her home life is anything but perfect. Alex is a bad boy and he knows it. So when he makes a bet with his friends to lure Brittany into his life, he thinks nothing of it. But soon Alex realizes Brittany is a real person with real problems, and suddenly the bet he made in arrogance turns into something much more.

 Summary by Goodreads 

And #2:

Incarceron by Catherine Fisher 

Sounds futuristic, innovative and thrilling. How does it come something like Incarceron can exist in future?

Incarceron -- a futuristic prison, sealed from view, where the descendants of the original prisoners live in a dark world torn by rivalry and savagery. It is a terrifying mix of high technology -- a living building which pervades the novel as an ever-watchful, ever-vengeful character, and a typical medieval torture chamber -- chains, great halls, dungeons.

A young prisoner, Finn, has haunting visions of an earlier life, and cannot believe he was born here and has always been here. In the outer world, Claudia, daughter of the Warden of Incarceron, is trapped in her own form of prison -- a futuristic world constructed beautifully to look like a past era, an imminent marriage she dreads. She knows nothing of Incarceron, except that it exists.

But there comes a moment when Finn, inside Incarceron, and Claudia, outside, simultaneously find a device -- a crystal key, through which they can talk to each other. And so the plan for Finn's escape is born ..

Summary by Goodreads  

What is on your wishlist this week? 

7 comments:

  1. incarceron's cover is superb!! hope u'll get these book soon Ms PT =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wishing myself for a copy of Incarceron since first saw it, hope you get both your wishes to read soon Miss PT!

    I am in the mood for some holiday hotties this week

    jackie >_<

    ReplyDelete
  3. Both great picks! Incarceron sounds really good :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Incarceron does sound good - I'm adding that to my own list! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Incarceron is on my wishlist. Here's what I'm wishing for this week.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Incarceron has been on my wishlist for a while now - it sounds very interesting. Hope you get to read these soon!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Perfect Chemistry is one of my favs. Hope you'll be able to read it soon.

    ReplyDelete