Sunday, November 14, 2010

In My Mailbox #7



The idea of In My Mailbox is a weekly meme hosted by The Story Siren and is to bring books to the attention of our blog readers and to encourage interaction with other blogs.


 ~ In MY Mailbox ~ 

E-ARCs I got via netGalley:  
Awaken by Katie Kacvinsky

Courtesy of  Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company.

 In the year 2060, everything is done digitally. Kids no longer go to schools. They stay home and take classes online. Adults work from home, too. Even dating is no longer done in person. Why walk on a real beach when you can stroll down a digitally remastered one instead? No bad weather, no seagulls, nothing real to ruin a perfectly fine time.

Though she's grown up in this digital world, something about being cut off from everyone doesn't sit right with seventeen-year-old Madeline. Her favorite activity--the only one she does off line--is soccer. She likes the physicality of it and the comradery with the other girls.

Then she meets Justin. He, too, prefers life off line. It's all he talks about. He even takes her out to a real coffee shop and an underground club. Maybe it's his attentiveness, or the physical closeness of actually being with someone, or just that he's very good looking, Madie is definitely drawn to him. But there's also something very aloof about him, like perhaps he's hiding something.

When Madie uncovers the truth, she's faced with the question: What's more important, fighting for what you believe in or love?

18 comments:

  1. I got Awaken as well! It looks really cool.
    Great Mailbox :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. This one looks good! Happy reading! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. That sounds really interesting. Looking forward to hearing what you think of it.

    In My Mailbox

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awaken looks like a great book! I got it also :)

    Check out what I got
    In My Mailbox

    Mary @ Sparkling Reviews

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've never saeen this book before but thats cool how you posted what its about! It sounds really good! Happy reading this week!

    ReplyDelete
  6. omg.. this sounds good. one more to my wishlist. here's mine

    ReplyDelete
  7. Awaken looks interesting. I love the cover.
    My IMM

    ReplyDelete
  8. Awesome books. Here is mine: http://basma-aal.blogspot.com/2010/11/in-my-mailbox-12.html

    ReplyDelete
  9. This sounds good and I like the cover!


    http://readingbetweenthewinesbookclub.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. A great selection of books! They all seem to be great. Happy reading :)
    Check out what's In My Mailbox
    and don't forget to enter the giveaway

    Mia @GrippedintoBooks

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh that sounds good! Great post! My IMM is here: http://nikkibrandyberry.wordpress.com/2010/11/13/in-my-mailbox-kinda-7-2/

    ReplyDelete
  12. This book sounds fabulous, I can't wait to read it. I'll definitely be looking forward to your review to see what you think!

    ReplyDelete
  13. This book looks really interesting. Happy reading! You can find my mailbox at The Bookish Snob

    ReplyDelete
  14. Will have to look into Awaken since the cover is so beautiful.

    Enjoy the book and good news my mailbox is up too.

    PS I'm hosting my first Giveaway open to ALL. So come on by if you get a chance :)

    http://aisleb.tumblr.com/post/1568777018/in-my-mailbox-mailbox

    ReplyDelete
  15. I'm a new follower! Dying to read Awaken! My mailbox was pretty empty this week. You can see it here http://blog.juliealindsey.com/

    ReplyDelete
  16. The Awaken looks really good! Happy reading :)

    Check out IMM at http://irresistiblereads.blogspot.com/2010/11/in-my-mail-box-4.html

    ReplyDelete