Friday, November 26, 2010

ReCOVERy Friday #8


ReCOVERy Friday is a weekly meme hosted by Miss Page-Turner's City of Books and as the title suggests, I want you to recover from a busy week of working, studying, relaxing, as you like it. This meme should be fun for everyone and just a nice light start into our weekend : )

This is how it works:

1)      Think of a book cover you like (e.g. because of its cover art, model, author, title etc.) Doesn’t matter if it’s an old or new one, you just have to enjoy it!
2)      Create a ReCOVERy Friday post for your blog and post it with the whole wonderful weekend ahead ( I don’t mind if you post it one or two days later, because you lack of time)
3)      Maybe add some sentences and explain why you like the cover…
4)      Then add your ReCOVERy Friday post to Mr. Linky below so everyone can enjoy it
5)      Check out other  ReCOVERy Friday posts if you like to compare them, chat about them, get inspiration and just have fun!


My ReCOVERy Friday choice:

Paper covers rock by Jenny Hubbard

This cover is no photoshop artwork, which is the reason why I like it so much. It's simplicity that attrackts me this week. The facial expression of our male cover model is so strong I could stare at him for minutes without getting bored. I think of the soft trees in the background as the paper which cover the strong rock, the boy, in the foreground.
How do you like my ReCOVERy Friday choice, fascinating simplicity or unimaginative boredom? And which  is your favourite cover this week?

3 comments:

  1. I love gushing about covers, so this meme is awesome to me :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this cover too. It makes me want to read the book (cool cool title as well)

    ReplyDelete
  3. (Okay, nun doch auf Deutsch, auf Englisch fehlen mir sozusagen die Worte... ;-))
    Der Gesichtsausdruck des Covermodels ist wirklich total intensiv, aber ich muss gestehen, daß ich eigentlich mehr zu den Photoshop-Covers tendiere... (so mit bearbeiteten Gesichtern, Ranken-Zeugs und blauen Hintergründen. Vor allem Blau. ;-))

    ReplyDelete