Saturday, January 22, 2011

On My Wishlist #14


On My Wishlist is a fun weekly event hosted by Book Chick City and runs every Saturday. It's where I list all the books I desperately want but haven't actually bought yet. They can be old, new or forthcoming.
 
Here is #1 


The Water Wars by Cameron Stracher

I've somehow become a fan of dystopian novels... when did that happen between my dislike for Brave New World and my fangirlness for Delirium?

Vera and her brother, Will, live in the shadow of the Great Panic, in a country that has collapsed from environmental catastrophe. Water is hoarded by governments, rivers are dammed, and clouds are sucked from the sky. But then Vera befriends Kai, who seems to have limitless access to fresh water. When Kai suddenly disappears, Vera and Will set off on a dangerous journey in search of him-pursued by pirates, a paramilitary group, and greedy corporations.


Summary by Goodreads


 And #2

 Branded by Keary Taylor

Sounds painfully good!

Jessica's had the nightmares for as long as she can remember. Nightmares of being judged for people who have died, of being branded by the angels. Her friends and family think she's a crazy because of it all. Yet she carries the mark of the condemned, seared into the back of her neck, and hides it and herself away from the world.

But when two men she can't ignore enter her life everything changes, including the nightmares. The two of them couldn't be more different. She will do anything to be with one of them. Even tell him the truth about angels, why she never sleeps, and the scar on the back of her neck. But one of the two has set events into motion what will pull her toward her own judgment and turn her into the object of her greatest fear.

Summary by Goodreads 

7 comments:

  1. I haven't heard of Branded before. Sounds awesome! And I love both the books covers :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Never heard of any of them. But branded sounds interesting :) Putting it on my TBR list :) Thanks for sharing.

    Please check out my wishlist this week :)
    http://moonstarsfantasyworld.blogspot.com/2011/01/on-my-wishlist_22.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. The Water Wars I have just seen today but sounds great , adding it to my list.


    On My Wishlist

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my gosh! Branded sounds amazing! I haven't heard of this book before...must check Goodreads!
    Water Wars, I've heard of but hasn't really struck me enough to want to buy it.

    Loni

    ReplyDelete
  5. I really, really want to read The Water Wars as well. The premise sounds so intersting. Hope you get to read these soon!

    ReplyDelete
  6. The Water Wars sounds awesome!It's been on my wishlist for a while now... =]
    Haven't heard of Branded before, but I think I'll definitely be added it to my wishlist, sounds great =]

    ReplyDelete
  7. I really liked the Water Wars, and purchased Branded a while back, but haven't gotten to it yet. Hope you get them soon!

    ReplyDelete