Friday, October 28, 2011

Coveresque feat. Beautiful Darkness by Kami Garcia & Margaret Stohl (US vs. Bulgarian vs. German)



 

Here are three covers of BEAUTIFUL DARKNESS by Kami Garcia and Margaret Stohl, all dominated by bluish colors. My two favourites are the Bulgarian cover in the middle and the US paperback cover on the left. Both feature stairs as a major element of the plot. The German cover on the right just shows another female face on a book cover. The colors are too intense and just don't appeal to me. Which cover do you like best?

5 comments:

  1. Completely agree with you! US and Bulgarian are definitely my favourites! The German one doesn't really appeal to me either. It doesn't look very well done, in my opinion...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'd have to go with the Bulgarian cover this time. It's unique and fits the story.

    By the way, I love this feature on your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ooh, I really like the Bulgarian cover! I do like the US one too though :) Don't like the German one really at all, the colours are weird and the picture of the girl is the same picture used on the cover for Night School by Mari Mancusi... :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful Creatures and Beautiful Darkness are in the running as my favorite book series. This book is interesting, different and fun. The story is captivating and full of magic. If you're a fan of the Wicked Lovely series you will love this one.

    ReplyDelete